Monday, June 14, 2010

World Cup - USA v. England

Well, the USA v. England came and went, and I largely came away unscathed; though Dan did try to niggle me the entire game.  It was a good thing we weren't sitting next to each other, otherwise he would have gotten a bruised arm.  But it was a good time, though nobody else gave me much niggle.

I will say that England is a funny country around World Cup time.  Dan says it's the only time you will ever see the country act patriotic--there are England car flags and England flags hanging from houses all over the place!  Naturally everyone is wearing their England kit and playing the England World Cup song (which is fairly annoying).

Bars, or pubs, are pathetic for watching World Cup when you compare them to the USA.  I think any pub who has one TV the size of my flat screen back in the USA is hopeless.  If they have two TVs of the same size as my TV, they are pathetic.  I like watching games at a bar because the atmosphere is different, and beer and greasy food go hand in hand (which my hands prefer not to make).  Don't think I will get that experience here, unfortunately.  I'll be in Germany for a Germany game next week, so it'll be interesting to see how they watch World Cup.

But for those who want to know how the English felt at the end of the game, here are some pictures that encompasses England's feelings.


1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there to see Dan's reaction in person.

    ReplyDelete